Volunteer to drive
What are some of the benefits of volunteering:
- You help seniors stay independent and healthy by taking them to visit friends, a hair dressers appointment or a doctor's appointment
- You help make driving safer for everyone
- You provide a positive alternative to a huge national problem by ensuring that seniors have a great choice without burdening family or friends
- You get mileage reimbursement for part of the ride and transportation credits for the rest. Save these credits for your own future use, transfer them to a loved one or donate them to the Road Scholarship Program for low-income riders
- You receive a free annual membership for yourself and one for a friend, and the quarterly newsletter
By volunteering you receive ride credits.You can then give these to a loved one, or save them for when you need them.
If you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader you can download it by clicking here.
Provide one afternoon a week or a few hours during the month. You'll receive training, and ITN will arrange your driving assignments and routes around your schedule. You can even pick up a rider on your way to work and do a good deed before the day's begun!
All of us have a stake in helping to ensure that older adults and the visually impaired can remain active once they stop driving. Volunteers help older people stay connected to families, friends, and activities that bring meaning to their lives - and to yours.
- What we do
- Ride with us
- Ways to give
- What's happening
- Contact us